2013 GETHealth Summit Sponsors
The Office of AIDS Research coordinates the scientific, budgetary, legislative, and policy elements of the NIH AIDS research program. Through its annual comprehensive trans-NIH planning, budgeting, and portfolio assessment processes, OAR sets scientific priorities, enhances collaboration, and ensures that research dollars are invested in the highest priority areas of scientific opportunity that will lead to new tools in the global fight against AIDS.
The Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad)
The Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) is a directorate
under the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).
In the years up to 2015, Norad will
- Help to empower recipient countries to achieve their own development goals
- Concentrate most resources on following up on the main priority areas of Norwegian development policy
- Help to promote a focus on and communicate the results of the entire range of Norwegian development assistance activities
- Produce and apply knowledge of what works and what doesn't in order to improve development assistance
- Be an instigator of public debate on development assistance and development
- Develop expertise, working methods and leadership that enable Norad to solve complex tasks effectively
Social innovation at HP centers on the belief that the same passion, energy, and culture of innovation that make HP a successful company can also be used to make a profound and positive social impact in the world. At HP, we believe that corporate success and social welfare are interdependent. As the largest technology company in the world, we're in a unique position to use our global reach to serve billions, improving quality of life, revolutionizing how businesses operate, and strengthening communities worldwide. We aim to enrich society and drive sustainable economic growth by giving people and businesses innovative ways to be more creative, productive, and successful through the power of information.
My Two Sons Fund
Established in 2006, the mission of the My Two Sons Fund is simple: to help those who help others in a wide range of fields. Recognizing that individuals are the true engines of giving, The Fund has stepped in to ensure that people - whether they are lone crusaders or behind large organizations like The Johns Hopkins Center for Clinical Global Health Education - continue the important work they do in helping others. The Fund was started by a single mom as a gift for her two young boys at Christmas. The name is intended to serve as a reminder that cultivating a lifetime of giving often begins at home.
The Verizon Foundation
The Verizon Foundation is focused on using technology to solve critical social issues in the areas of sustainability, education, and healthcare. Through the support of our employees and resources, we help address the needs of communities around the world.
inPractice® integrates continuously updated original medical textbooks for hepatology, HIV/AIDS, and hematology/oncology with databases of clinical trials from ClinicalTrials.gov, full prescribing information for FDA-approved drugs, practice guidelines, and PubMed abstracts. A search of inPractice® delivers content from all of its built-in resources using a customized search engine. This simultaneous search function makes inPractice® uniquely suited to the needs of the practicing clinician. inPractice® users can bookmark selected content, creating their own library of saved articles and reference materials for later review.
Intel's healthcare programs provide the technology and resources developing countries need to provide better care at a lower cost to more people worldwide.
- The Intel® 1Mx15 Health Program provides technology, content, and training to help governments educate 1 million healthcare workers by 2015.
- To address the critical shortage of healthcare workers in developing countries, the Intel® skoool™ Healthcare Education Platform provides a complete training solution that students can access anytime, anywhere.
- Equipping mobile health workers with rugged PCs and Internet access helps to improve healthcare delivery and quality of care in underserved areas.